The FitBit company previously released the Zip, Flex, One and Force activity trackers. One of their more recent fitness monitoring products is the FitBit Charge. It effectively tracks physical metrics and performance levels, recording and then sending them to your computer or smartphone. You then use one of several compatible applications that help you make use of this information to ramp up your physical fitness efforts. Let’s slip the adjustable FitBit Charge on our wrist and take it for a test run.
Key Elements of the FitBit Charge
- Offered in slate or black
- Sizes from 5.5 to 7.9 inches
- Includes large, easy-to-read OLED display
- Delivers call notifications from your smartphone
- Syncs wirelessly to more than 120 popular smartphones
What Makes the FitBit Charge a Smart Purchase?
The FitBit Charge is an all-day activity tracker that you wear like a wristwatch. It allows you to record and monitor the amount of steps you take during the day, how far you travel, how many stairs you climb, how long you stay active and the number of calories you burn.
Your daily statistics, as well as the time of day, are presented on a large, bright OLED display. This allows you to check your results with just a quick glance. You can also switch between several modes to fit your current situation, and the Charge even registers your sleep patterns to help you get the best rest possible.
The exercise mode automatically records multiple physical functions, without you doing a thing. This lets you focus on your jog, bike ride or workout, and you can access all the results on your PC, tablet or smartphone to make your efforts more efficient.
One nice feature is the silent alarm, which comes in handy so you do not disturb others. And you can set this activity tracker so that it delivers a notification to your wrist whenever someone calls your smartphone. The most current Android, iOS and Windows smartphones and tablets are compatible.
Another nice feature not found on a lot of activity trackers is the ability to set goals, log how much food you consume and see progress and trends, while earning achievement badges and sharing your results on the supported leaderboard online.
The textured band is comfortable and subtle. The Charge offers a daily clock, along with caller ID and stair climbing tracking features, benefits not found on the FitBit Flex. This versatile activity and sleep tracker makes a smart purchase for active and busy individuals who want to take control of their physical fitness and health.
Energize your day with Charge—an advanced activity wristband that tracks your steps taken, distance traveled, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected throughout the day with real-time fitness stats and Caller ID on the OLED display. And when the day is done, automatically monitor your sleep and set a silent, vibrating alarm. Whether you’re at the office or on the go, Charge wirelessly syncs your stats to your smartphone and computer to help you find the motivation you need to achieve your goals.
- Product Dimensions: 8.1 x 0.8 x 0.4 inches ; 0.8 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 5.6 ounces
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More
- ASIN: B00N2BVOUE
- UPC: 794628291253 797978667068 042822133344 810351021551 810351024392 794628290218
- Item model number: FB404BKL
- Batteries: 1 Lithium Polymer batteries required.