The blue BOSU Pro Balance Trainer looks like the top part of a flying saucer. This simple but dynamic half-sphere is versatile, and can be used “both sides up” to improve your balance, burn fat, strengthen your body and help you get fit.
Used widely in professional gymnasiums and by personal trainers, the blue half ball is constructed of durable material which guarantees years of use. If you are looking to get the most out of your workout regimen or exercise program, then you should give the Pro Balance Trainer by BOSU a closer look.
Key Elements of the BOSU Pro Balance Trainer
- BOSU Pro Balance Trainer is designed for commercial use but is also suitable for home use.
- Ideal for personal trainers, physical therapists, rehabilitation facilities, fitness instructors, fitness clubs, CrossFit gyms, yoga studios, and sports teams.
- Dome is made with a thick, heavy-duty bladder of latex-safe, burst-resistant material. Patented rubberized, non-slip, non-marking dually over-molded base.
- Includes BOSU Pro Balance Trainer and dual-action hand pump. Free access to 6 exercise DVD downloads, downloadable exercise wall chart and downloadable integrated training manual.
- Size is 26-inch diameter. Proudly made in the USA. US-based customer support.
What Makes the BOSU Balance Trainer Home Edition a Smart Purchase?
Also called a BOSU (both sides up) ball, this large, half-sphere can be used in a number of exercises. Note that the elderly, injured and otherwise physically limited individuals have been known to use the BOSU Balance Trainer to exercise and recuperate effectively.
And for physically fit individuals, this fitness training device invented in 1999 has a wide range of uses as well. Several world-class athletes and sporting leagues, such as the United States Ski Team, have endorsed the BOSU Balance Trainer and use it to improve their speed, agility and balance.
The base part of this half-cut inflatable ball measures just over 26 inches in diameter. Included in your purchase is a dual-action hand pump. You also receive free access to 6 exercise DVD downloads, downloadable exercise wall chart and downloadable integrated training manual.
This Pro model has a fully rubberized base which prevents it from moving or slipping in the dome-up position. This helps limit the possibility of injury, and also let you focus on proper exercise technique.
Recommended for users that weigh up to 300 pounds. One point mentioned by several buyers concerns inflating the ball. Your user manual tells you to use the hand pump to inflate the BOSU Balance Trainer to “about 10 inches.”
However, multiple purchasers recommend inflating the ball until it is 9 inches in height, and then trying it out. If it still feels less than full, you can add a little more air, but the most effective use is achieved when the ball is inflated to between 9 and 9 1/2 inches high.
Priced at around $160, the the BOSU Pro Balance Trainer is an extremely versatile piece of fitness equipment. Its rugged hard rubber construction guarantees years of physical fitness use, and makes it a smart purchase for home fitness fans of any age and any level of conditioning.